Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A few weekends ago
I combined two things I thought I really hated:
camping,
and landscape drawing.

Though I am not high-maintenance enough to put on makeup every day
(or even brush my hair sometimes),
sleeping on the ground and not showering
is totally unappealing.

Camping

So I was fair pleased when boyfriend 
brought an inflatable mattress
and a 12-pack of Stella (acceptable).

There were lawn chairs we'd toss in the river
when it got hot
we'd sit and chat.

There was plenty of food to be had,
and a whole mess of somebody else's relatives
and their dogs.

Glamping1

For a 2 1/2 day trip, I had a lot of free time.
The hours seem to move differently
when I know I'm not going inside for two days
I'm not wearing a watch
and I have no obligations.

I tried to do some landscape work,
but all of those textures are damned annoying.

Glamping2

We'll probably go Glamping again
this summer,
but I'm not sure I'll bring as many art supplies next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment